The firm has extensive experience in appellate matters. The law firm has successfully brought Petitions for Writ of Mandate during the pendency of litigation, and also successfully overturned Superior Court decisions. Mr. Harmeyer has twice argued before the California Supreme Court. The firm has six published opinions on a variety of important legal issues. The firm is often asked to file amicus briefs on important Supreme Court cases.
A few of the firm’s published decisions are as follows:
- Erreca’s v. Superior Court (1993) 19 Cal.App.4th 1475
(defining the legal basis for good faith settlement);
- Regan Roofing Co. v. Superior Court (1994) 24 Cal.App.4th 425
(distinguishing concepts of contractual indemnity from insurance);
- Jimenez v. Superior Court (2002) 29 Cal.4th 473
(applying the econonic loss rule to product liability);
- Jeld-Wen v. Superior Court (2005) 131 Cal.App.4th 853
(excluding evidence of negligent entrustment when respondeat superior is admitted);
- Jeld-Wen v. Superior Court (2007) 146 Cal.App.4th 536
(forbidding Courts from mandating private mediation);
- Jeld-Wen v. Keener (2008) 46 Cal.4th 247
(analysis of defects in jury polling).